Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I’ve already forgotten
but
I can’t remember what..

The precipitation trickles down the glass
accentuated by the midday rainy grays
as the cleft in the window mints the air.
Inhale,
exhale.

At the peak of my serenity,
my memory wont surrender a thing.

Walking among the bookshelves,
I slide my fingers across the spines
before finally pulling one at random.
Ironically,
I choose to read at the arboretum.

The storm intensifies on the panes above
as the metal support creaks and cringes.
These words are senseless to me,
just small black printed pictures
on gritty tan eighties paper.

Lightning strikes;
A cumulonimbus flushes its anger
over a city where people are
shopping, fucking, sleeping, talking
and trying to remember.

In closing the book I agree to give up.
I place it back on it’s proper shelf
and wait for the sun tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment